Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Matthew 11:28-30

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." 

Whenever I get stressed, it is always because of earthly things. I start to over-think every thing, and get frustrated because I can't control it all. I become broken inside, and weary, because I am putting my faith in earthly things and people. But the second I pray for peace, God is so amazing and truly fills me with HIM and I don't worry anymore! He takes the pain away, and carries me, holding me close to Him. The way I feel, it's like I'm consumed completely by Him, and I love that feeling. I'm reminded of the song we used to sing in choir: "Eagle's Wings." Taken from scripture, the words say "He will raise you up on eagle's wings; bear you on the breath of dawn, make you to shine like the sun and hold you in the palm of His hand." The palm of His hand...this is such a fatherly image, I can't help but feel love and warmth. I'm truly amazed by my God and His unconditional love, and I can't even begin to grasp His power and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment