Monday, May 16, 2011

Ecclesiastes 7:13-14

"Consider what God has done: Who can straighten what He has made crooked? When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made one as well as the other. Therefore, a man cannot discover anything about his future."


I love this verse so much, and yet it is so difficult for me. First: God has made everything. If it is blessed, He blessed it; if it is crooked, He made it that way. 
Second: We need to appreciate our lives so much more. How many things do we take for granted? We could be so much happier if we appreciated things more. Even the simple things! "Be happy" the Bible says.HOWEVER, times are not always going to be pleasurable. There will be bad times, and persecution. But we need to realize that God made those times too, and it is all part of His grand and glorious plan. 
The hardest part of this verse for me is the last line. I am such a planner, I want to plan every detail of my life out. But the truth is, only God can do that. HE has the master plan. And thank goodness. I can't discover my future; I can only trust God who created it perfectly for His purpose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment